West Michigan Hosts a Myriad of Easter Fun Each Spring
Springtime means Easter, and there are lots of Easter events in Ludington, Scottville, Manistee, Pentwater, and the surrounding areas that give kids a chance to celebrate!
Non-profit organizations and businesses provide children with fun, wholesome, indoor and outdoor Easter activities to help beat the blahs of the winter to spring transition. From visits with the Easter bunny to an egg scramble on roller skates, there's lots of fun activities for kids of all ages!
Easter Events that Typically Take Place
Ludington & Scottville
- Easter Egg Hunt - Cornerstone Baptist Church- 121 Nelson Rd. in Ludington. 4,000 eggs will be hidden from children in 2nd-5th grades with two hunting groups.
- Easter Breakfast & Service - Prayer & Praise Assembly of God- 509 N. Staffon St. in Ludington. Breakfast from 9-9:45am with service to follow at 10am.
- Easter Egg Hunt - Shagway Arts Barn- 5949 Shagway Rd. in Ludington. The first 50 children will be admitted free, then there is a $5 per child or $15 per family entry fee.
- Easter for Kids - Redeemer Lutheran Church- 509 N. Main St. in Scottville. All children are welcome and the event includes an Easter devotion, egg-coloring, craft, cookie decorating, and egg hunt.
- Easter Eggstravaganza - St. John's Lutheran Church- 209 N. Rowe in Ludington. The event includes a FREE Egg hunt, candy, snacks, bubble pool, and music.
- Easter breakfast served by the youth group at Our Savior Lutheran Church- 765 US 10 in Scottville.
- Easter Egg Scramble at Johnny's Skate Center, 2276 US 10 in Custer. Free admission. For kids age 10 and younger. Thousands of eggs filled with prizes.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Custer VFW Gold Bar Post #5096- 2022 State St. in Custer. Free and open to children age 1-12. Crafts, prizes, and pictures with the Easter Bunny!
- Annual Easter on the Green - Village Green- 327 S. Hancock St., Pentwater. Sponsored by The Antler Bar and the Pentwater Chamber of Commerce. Easter Bunny, egg hunt, bonnet parade and contest, musical chairs, face painting and games.
- Easter Egg Hunt - Oceana County Fairgrounds, Hart. The event is sponsored by the Silver Lake Sand Dunes Chamber of Commerce and will feature 10,000 eggs. The Easter Bunny will be in attendance and weather permitting, Lewis Adventure Farm and Zoo will offer a candy cannon. The Country Dairy cow mascot will also be on hand. Arrive and start lining up 11:30am. There will be three three age categories: ages 0-3, ages 4-8, and ages 8-12. Parents must accompany children ages 0-8 but only one parent per child.
- Community Easter Egg Hunt - Trinity Lutheran Church- 5631 W. Stony Lake Dr. in New Era. Activities, egg hunt, and free lunch. Open the public.
- Special Needs Easter Egg Hunt & Bonnet Contest - Circle Rocking S Children's Farm. The event is free to people of all ages with special needs. Participants should bring their own Easter bonnets and baskets. Reservations required.
- Easter Egg Hunt Celebration - Manistee United Methodist Church- 387 1st St., Manistee.
- Manistee Jaycees Easter Egg Giveaway - Veterans Memorial Park- 117 Memorial Dr., Manistee. Drive-through style.
Fountain & Free Soil
Stay tuned for information on Easter events in 2022!
Want to learn more about all things family in West Michigan? Visit Lakeshore Family Guide and "Like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LakeshoreFamilyGuide
More Springtime to Enjoy...
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in West Michigan:
Ludington Activities & Things to Do -- Play on a beautiful beach, take a tour at Historic White Pine Village, or explore the barn quilt trail, murals or sculptures in the county--Ludington offers many fun things to do for the entire family!
Have Fun in Manistee, Michigan -- Explore Manistee's historic downtown district and riverwalk, hike the Manistee National Forest, canoe on the Manistee River, and more.
Hamlin Lake -- Just 4 miles north of Ludington, Hamlin Lake is a great destination for boating, fishing and climbing dunes! The Hamlin Lake shoreline is also part of the Ludington State Park.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes -- Visiting the Silver Lake Sand Dunes makes for a terrific vacation because you can take your off-road vehicle for a spin on the scenic sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
Things to Do in Pentwater, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like the quaint, artsy, harbortown village of Pentwater. Don't miss the popular Charles Mears State Park beach on Pentwater's Lake Michigan shoreline.
Lots of Activities in Scottville, Michigan -- Explore the Riverside Park along the National Scenic Pere Marquette River.
Canoeing or Fishing on the Pere Marquette River -- Many boat liveries offer canoe rentals.
Also, check out West Michigan Guides and our locally produced WestMichigan.MichBiz.com directory for our largest lists of Things to Do in West Michigan.